Abayomi Sogunle, a former Head of the Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit, has been recommended for demotion from Assistant Commission of Police to Chief Superintendent of Police.
Mnaija also gathered that Dolapo Badmus, a former Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, was also demoted.
Several others were reportedly dismissed from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) for various human rights abuses.
Full list of Police officers sanctioned:
- Abayomi Shogunle, AP No, 42056
- Dominic Agasa, AP No, 120397
- Nanbol Lado, AP No, 51071
- Ogalgu Tochuckwu, AP No 190655
- Sanusi Rasaki, AP No, 57052
- Fakorede Victor, AP No, 41985
- Dolapo Badmos, AP No, 87058.
- Abdulhameed Awodi, AP No 119444
- Erhabo Uwagbie, AP No 86180
- Idolor Godsent, AP No 158580
- Mustpha Abubakar, AP No 119167
- Idoko, AP No 85036
- Ilya Aliyu, AP 94982
- Asabe Luke, AP No, 130296
- Angela Akaro, AP No, 50829.
- Iyanda Olufemi AP No, 122857
- Gajere Taluwai, AP No, 50569
- Ehis Oba, AP No, 129595
- Edem Michael, AP No, 1256967
- Agha AMA, AP No, 119535
- Yusuf Lateef, AP No, 36725
- Eliaz Casmir, AP No 57688
- Oluwafunmilola, AP No, 122864
- Mkay Ali, AP No, 111702.
- Ado Doko, AP No, 46664
- Sani Muhammad, AP No, 50679
- Adamu Shaba, AP No, 140320
- Adamu Bunu, AP No, 42565
- Giade Sabo, AP No, 50579
- Dattijo Abdullahi, AP No, 87072
- Yahaya Shem, AP No, 86216
- Tijani Richard, AP No, 46670
- Nwamanna Nelson, AP No, 46675
- Henry Kaboshio, AP No, 50431
- Talba Mohammed, AP No, 119579
- John Rotimi, AP 57622
- Oviemuno Richard, AP No, 87501
- Anonde Christopher, AP No, 90934
- Godwin Agbo, AP No, 95853
- Dr. Emmanuel Eze, AP No, 50282
- Hassan Hamidu, AP No, 118063
- Theresa Nuhu, 59661
- Yisa Gana, AP No, 47717
- Ekong Sunday, AP No, 63069
- Oboh Irene, AP No, 145355
- Okoukoin Daniel, AP No, 181311
- Ogedegbe Abraham, AP, 86152
Recall that the Police Service Commission (PSC) had in a statement on Friday disclosed that 37 former members of the disbanded Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) were set to dismissed from the Force.
24 other former SARS operatives have also been pencilled down for prosecution over various acts of professional misconduct.
This was following submission of a report to the PSC Chairman, Musiliu Smith, in Abuja on Friday by the Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission, Tony Ojukwu.
The report contained the highlights of the findings by the Presidential Panel on Reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad set up by the Federal Government in 2018.
The presidential panel had, among other things, investigated allegations of human rights violations and abuse of office against SARS and recommended reform or restructuring of the outfit