Gionee has launched Gionee M12 entry-level smartphones, two versions in Nigeria earlier this week. Both versions are running Android 10 out of the box.
No much difference between the two, except for the chipset. One comes with the MediaTek Helio P22, the other comes with the Helio A25 (same silicon but with lower clocks).
The Gionee M12 has a 6.55-inch” IPS LCD with 720 x 1,600 px resolution. There’s no strengthened glass to protect it, but there is a punch hole for the 16 MP selfie camera. For the storage, we have 4 GB + 64 GB and 6GB + 128 GB onboard storage, with support for a MicroSD slot for more storage.
The back houses four cameras, starting with the 48MP main camera (f/1.79), which is limited to 1080p at 30fps video recording by the chipset. It’s joined by a 5MP ultrawide angle camera (115°), plus two 2MP assistant cameras (whose function isn’t entirely clear).
The Gionee M12 is a dual SIM phone with LTE connectivity (150 Mbps down, 50 Mbps up). Additional connectivity includes dual-band Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and an FM radio receiver.
There’s also a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and a fingerprint reader is mounted on the back for secure unlocking.
It is housed by a battery capacity of 5100mAh battery with support for a USB-C at 10W.
Gionee M12 key specs and features
- Display: 6.55-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ punch display
- CPU: Octa-Core 1.8GHz MediaTek Helio A25 MT6762D (4GB RAM version); or Octa-Core 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 (6GB RAM version) with PowerVR GE8320
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10
- Camera: Quad-rear cameras (48MP primary, 5MP Ultrawide, 2 MP Macro and 2 MP Depth
- Front camera: 16MP
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5100 mAh
Available via Jumia online store and Gionee stores across the country for the prices below;
- Helio A25 4GB + 64GB variant for NGN69,400
- Helio P22 model for NGN 75,000