The Nigerian Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), known as the eNaira was officially unveiled yesterday by President Muhammadu Buhari and it’s now live.
The eNaira will serve as a digital legal tender and carries the same value as the Naira (₦100=e₦100).
Download and fund your eNaira Speed Wallet
To get started:
1. Download and launch the eNaira Speed Wallet from Google Play or Apple Appstore.
Note: there are two versions of the app and they are –
- eNaira Speed Wallet – for individual (private accounts)
- eNaira Speed Merchant – for Corporates/businesses
We are yet to know the concrete reason behind the creation of two apps. Merging the two apps could have been the best.
2. Click on ‘’Sign up’’ to begin the onboarding process.
3. Scroll down and select your bank as your eNaira Partner.
4. Enter your Mobile Number and Create Password.
5. Enter the following Personal Details:
- First Name
- Date of Birth (DoB)
- State of Origin
- Your bank account number
6. Once validated, a wallet activation mail is sent to the email address linked to your BVN.
7. Go to the registered mailbox, confirm receipt of the email and create a password.
8. Click on ‘’Activate wallet’’ to confirm your email and activate your speed eNaira Wallet.
9. Enter the email address linked to your BVN and Password to log in to the eNaira Speed Wallet.
10. Fund your eNaira Speed Wallet using your bank’s app or USSD code if application and start making transactions. Alternatively, you can walk into any branch of the bank to fund your eNaira wallet.
We will keep you abreast of all updates concerning the eNaira, so look out for our new updates.
For now, enjoy a world of more possibilities with Nigeria’s new digital currency.