In the light of the new directive from NCC, Telecommunication providers have been mandated to block subscriber’s SIM card that is not registered with NIN.
Though there are different reactions online from Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora urging the government to extend the date.
The earlier directives ordered all telecommunication service providers to ask all subscribers to provide their National Identification Numbers (NIN). Subscribers who fail to do so within two weeks are to be blocked from using their SIM cards.
But if you have done your National Identity Management Card (NIMC) before, then you can simply follow the below guide on how to get and submit your national Identity card management number to your various telecommunication provider.
How To Submit Your NIN Number
Link Your NIN To Your Phone Number on MTN
- Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link
- Select 1 and enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/ and fill in the required details.
- After filling in your details, you will be sent an OTP code to type in the next page
- Simply go to your app store and download MyMTN App to submit your NIN details.
Note: You can then dial *346# to confirm if it has been linked.
Link your Airtel number to your NIN
Just like MTN, you can also link your Airtel phone number line to your NIN via the below methods (USSD and Webpage.
- Dial *121*1# using the Airtel phone number you wish to link and enter your NIN and submit. The number is expected to be linked to your NIN automatically
- Visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin/ and fill in the required details.
- After filling in your details, you will be sent an OTP code to type in the next page.
Link Your NIN To Your Glo number
To link your National Identification Number to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber, follow the guide below;
Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109
Link your NIN To Your 9mobile number
- Dial *200*8# using the Airtel phone number you wish to link and enter your NIN and submit. The number is expected to be linked to your NIN automatically
- You can also verify and link your National Identity Number (NIN) to your mobile number by visiting 9mobile.com.ng/nin
To know your NIN status dial *346# from your 9mobile.