You might have been looking for a way to use dual WhatsApp app on the same phone without search racking your brain. Don’t worry as recent smartphones can allow users to use multiple of the same app on a device. But with dual WhatsApp on your phone, you can separate your normal life chat from your private life.
Depending on the kind of smartphone you are using, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Honor, Huawei, Realme, OnePlus, and other smartphone makers allows its users to set up dual apps on the same phone. Meaning you can have two versions of the same app with separate accounts working on one phone.
How to Setup Dual WhatsApp or Other Apps on Your Phone
Samsung smartphone users can go to Settings > Advance features > Dual Messenger.
Xiaomi phone users running MIUI can head to Settings > Apps > Dual apps.
Vivo users can go to Settings > Apps and notifications > App Clone.
Oppo smartphone users can tap on Settings > App Cloner. OnePlus lets its user’s clone apps by heading to Settings > Utilities > Parallel Apps.
Huawei and Honor phone users can go to Settings > Apps > App twin.
Realme users can go to Settings > App management > App cloner.
For other smartphone users not mentioned above, you can follow the guide below
How to Install Two WhatsApp on Any Android Phone
- To enable a second account on WhatsApp, go to your phone Settings.
- Look for Dual apps, App Clone, App twin, or Parallel Apps. The name of the feature would depend on the smartphone you are using.
- There should be a toggle against the WhatsApp app, turn it on.
- Wait for the process to complete and head back to the home screen.
- You should see a second WhatsApp icon with some kind of marking on it, identifying it’s a second version of the same app.
- Open it and you will be welcome with the WhatsApp setup screen.
- Tap on Agree and Continue.
- On the next screen, enter a different phone number from the one you’ve already used to set up WhatsApp and tap on Next.
- You will then receive an OTP for verification, confirm and complete your setup process.
Once you complete the above steps, your second WhatsApp will be ready for use.