The Commission for the Oversight of Nigerians Abroad congratulates some Nigerians who have won parliamentary seats in the US elections.
Oye Owolewa was the first Nigerian to be elected to the US House of Representatives for Washington.
Mr. Owolewa won the House of Representatives seat under the Democrats.
Democrat Esther Agbaje also won a seat in Minnesota.
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairperson of the Nigerians In Diaspora Commission, has sent a message of congratulations to Nigerians on their victory in the US elections.
— Abike Dabiri-Erewa (@abikedabiri) November 4, 2020
She also said that they are a true role model for Nigerian youth.
- Esther Agbaje was born in Minnesota.
- Her parents, John and Bunmi are both Nigerians who met in the United States at school.
- She studied law at Harvard Law School and specializes in housing.
- She worked in government at the US State Department.
- Oye Owolewa is a native of Kwara State in Nigeria.
- He holds a PhD from Northeastern Boston
- This is not the first time he has entered politics, having served as a commissioner in southeast Washington in 2018.
- His goal as a legislator is to bring about change in his state.
- He wants to end the ban on immigrants
- Nnamdi Chukwuocha won re-election as Delaware Member of Parliament.
- Chukwuocha was elected to represent the 1st constituency in the Delaware House of Representatives in 2018.
- He holds a degree in history and a master’s degree in public works from Delaware State University.